What do you get when you combine three favourites: pie, pizza, and dried fruit?
A Raisin and Apple Pie Pizza with Almond, Chocolate, and delectable Cinnamon Sugar Crust! How’s that for a mouthful of goodness?
We’ve teamed up with The Good Roots to create this mouth-watering dessert dried fruit pizza.
- 1/4 cup almond butter (any nut butter)
- 80g semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Red apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mix raisins
- Hot water
- 3-4 shortbread biscuit, roughly crushed
Cinnamon Sugar Crust
- 400g Prepared Pizza dough
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Add the raisins to a medium bowl and hot water, make sure all the raisins are covered by the water. Let it soak for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cinnamon Sugar Crust: Remove the pizza dough from the fridge and place it on a lightly floured surface, loosely cover it with plastic wrap or a clean dish towel and bring to room temperature.
- In the meanwhile, mix the cinnamon and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the pizza dough into 4 pieces and pat the dough into 8 cm diameter circles. Roll each piece in the cinnamon sugar and place it on the prepared baking sheet to proof for at least 15 minutes.
- Stretch the dough balls into 13cm circles and bake for 5-6 minutes until light golden colour.
- Almond-Chocolate Spread: Melt the chocolate, cacao, and coconut oil over a double boiler on medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the almond butter and salt. Spread evenly on each pizza base.
- Pizza: Slice the apples into thinly sliced half-moons and brush with lemon juice. Fan out 4-8 apple half-moon slices on each pizza base, add the soaked & drained raisins and shortbread crumbs in between. Sprinkle with a little cinnamon sugar and bake for another 3-4 minutes until golden brown and toasted on the top. Serve warm with ice cream or fresh cream.